Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Doves on Mother's Day!






Last Sunday, I found a pair of Mourning Doves gathering twigs to build their nest. It was perched up on top of the trellis by the side of our house among the Lady bank roses and Wisterias. The father bird was perched on top of our neighbor's roof guarding his mate. Doves take turns to sitting on their eggs and their nest is never abandoned. So it seems, that the female will take the afternoon and night shift, while the male in the morning. If you are lucky enough, you might just catch them changing shifts. They also have a tendency to keep really still when you are looking at them. I was touched and was thrilled that they find my garden a welcoming place to stay. The following day, I told my friend about the birds, and she told me it was a sign from a loved one is telling you that they are okay. I was choked and was in tears as the night before Mother's Day, I dreamt about my mother who had passed away last August in Malaysia.

No comments: